This course is designed for employees to provide them with the knowledge and practical skills to deal with accidents and illnesses within the workplace. This course also incorporates the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). This course is accredited by the First Aid Industry Body and complies fully with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Course aims and objectives
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will:
- Be able to carry out First Aid and life support skills
- Gain knowledge of the principles and priorities of first aid
- Be able to carry out an efficient assessment of an injured/ill patient
- Have the ability to recognise common types of Illnesses
- Know how to carry out skilled and effective treatment for traumatic injuries
- Be able to list the causes of and describe the treatment of shock
- Know how to carry out skilled & effective treatment for the control of bleeding & the immobilisation of upper limb fractures
- Understand how to identify the need for resuscitation and how to perform this effectively
- Know how to carry out the correct procedure for putting an unconscious patient in the recovery position
- Introduction to First Aid
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Airway Management
- The Skeletal System
- Treatment of Fractures
- Accident reporting
- First Aid Boxes
- Wounds and Treatment
- Anaphylactic shock
- Burns and Scalds
- Eye Injuries
- Medical Conditions
- Minor Injuries
- External Defibrillator
All successful delegates will be issued a certificate and a registration card on behalf of QA International (Training) Limited. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
The fee includes course materials and delegate notes.
Fee: £145 per person.
To enquire about this training course, please complete the course enquiry form. This form can also be used to enquire about holding this course at your premises.
For other enquiries about training, please contact us by telephone on 01325 384272 or email us at email@example.com