As a minimum requirement, by law, all First Aiders must undergo a First Aid Refresher course every 3 years. This course will update the First Aider with any new practices and procedures, as well as strengthening existing First Aid skills and knowledge. The course incorporates the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). This course is accredited by the First Aid Industry Body and complies fully with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
With this course, First Aiders can update and improve their First Aid skills and renew their certificate and registration card.
Course aims and objectives
Upon completion of the course, successful delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the principles and priorities of First Aid
- Carry out an efficient assessment of an injured/ill patient
- Recognise common types of illness
- Carry out skilled and effective treatment for traumatic injuries
- Identify the need for resuscitation and carry it out effectively
- Carry out skilled and effective treatment for the control of bleeding and the immobilisation of fractures
- Introduction to First Aid
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Airway Management
- The Skeletal System
- Treatment of fractures
- First Aid Boxes
- Wounds and Treatment
- Anaphylactic shock
- Burns and Scalds
- Eye Injuries
- Medical Conditions
- Minor Injuries
All successful delegates will be issued a certificate and a registration card on behalf of QA International (Training) Limited. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
The fee includes course materials and delegate notes.
Fee: £110 per person.
To enquire about this training course, please complete the course enquiry form. This form can also be used to enquire about holding this course at your premises.
For other enquiries about training, please contact us by telephone on 01325 384272 or email us at email@example.com