QAICL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
QAICL may change this policy occasionally and this page will contain the latest version. You should therefor check this page from time to time to ensure awareness of any changes.
What we collect.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as address and postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys
- any other information necessary to provide services in line with the company product portfolio
What we do with the information we collect.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services
- To send promotional emails and correspondence about services or other information which we think you may find interesting
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu Cookies have a number of useful functions, for example, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving the user experience. The cookies used on this website are based on the categories found in the ICC UK
Cookie Guide as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies – essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
- Performance cookies – used for collecting information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies – these allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised
By using our website, you agree that we can place any of these cookies on your device.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not automatically enter personal data you provide to us in any marketing database we may have but where we think you could be interested in hearing more about our services you will be given an opportunity to opt-in. At each further point of marketing communication, individuals will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing or other communications. If you change your mind about receiving such communications, select the opt-out option in the marketing communication or let us know via the contact details below.
If you believe that any information held by us about you is incorrect or incomplete you should let us know via the contact details below. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible.
Retention of Data
If we have data relating to you, we will consider whether there is a need to retain it and keep it for a period of time dependent on the reason you have supplied it to us and in accordance with industry best practice and relevant legislation.
QA International Certification Ltd, Dudley Court, Dudley Road, Darlington, Co. Durham, DL1 4GG or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a copy of the data we hold about you, please request this via the Scheme Manager (Data Protection Officer) via the contact details above. Your request will be processed in accordance with relevant data protection legislation.
This policy was last updated on 25 May 2018